Antique Key Frame
This little antique key frame is just too cute to resist.
I found this little key in my craft storage while I was packing to move and I just could not put it aside. I love keys like this and thinking about the treasures they can open. However, this one is just something I was given. It screamed to be displayed somehow. Using it in a frame is perfect for a gallery wall, mantle or bookshelf. Using a colorful frame, to match the decor, gives this little key more impact in the space.
- Photo frame
- Antique key
- Sequin pins or hot glue
- Remove glass from the picture frame
- Paint and distress the frame (optional)-see this post for instructions
- Cut a piece of cardboard to fit the frame
- Cut a piece of burlap to fit the frame
- Fit the burlap around the cardboard and place it in the frame with frame backing secured
- Add sequin pins where the key is to be placed-push pins into cardboard or hot glue the key in place
- Create a bow from ribbon and pin it to the burlap or you can use hot glue
This frame is aqua blue to match the decor of our home. However, this would be an adorable Valentine’s Day gift with reds or pinks. You could add a wooden heart to make it a “key to your heart” gift.
Making a Santa Claus Key on a small frame to be left outside would be another fun way to use this. For those without a fireplace, it would be a great tradition to place it outside for Santa to use on their door on Christmas Eve.
Any color burlap can be used to match your home’s style and decor. The sky is the limit with this quick and easy decor project. In fact, since I used pins for this project and nothing was glued, I see many other projects down the line with this little key. My creative wheels are turning…
*This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing from these links provides us with a small commission at no cost to you.*