I love this door sign that just screams Hello Sunflowers! One of my favorite things to do with my family in summer is to visit a sunflower field near us. Being surrounded by beautiful yellow flowers, taller than we are, lends a bit of majesty to summer. This door sign is a great way to bring a little of that summer goodness home.
Hello Sunflowers Supplies
- Wood round (I used an 18 inch round-12 inch or above would work well)
- Polyurethane stain (this is Minwax English Chestnut 233)
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
- Sunflower and daisy artificial flower stems (I bought these at Hobby Lobby)
- Burlap ribbon and wired ribbon
- Tin word of choice (I found this “hello” at Hobby Lobby)
- Foam brush
- Shop towel or paper towels
- Apply stain to the wood round and let it dry (use sponge brush to apply and wipe off the excess with a shop towel or paper towels)
- A second round can be glued to the back of the first for stability (optional)
- Glue flowers in desired position to the wood round
- Create a bow with the burlap and wired ribbons and glue to the wood round
- Add a piece of ribbon to the back to use as a hanger-glue the ribbon to the back of the round
Creating a simple bow:
- Measure out two strips of burlap ribbon for a base for the bow
- Cut strips of ribbon as long as the burlap ribbon strips and layer on top of the burlap ribbon
- Gather the ribbons in the center
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the center of the bow
If you like this sunflower door sign, you may also like the forsythia sign I made here. Check it out! If you create one of these, I would love to see it.
As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a commission on any purchases made, at no additional cost to you.