Memorial Cardinal Mini-Wreath
I have heard it said that when you are visited by a cardinal, you have been visited by a loved one who has passed away. This is such a comforting thought in grief. Whenever I see a cardinal, I think of my Dad and my grandparents. While we will not truly know if there is something to this idea until we have passed on ourselves, it is a comforting thought that those we loved could still be looking in on us from time to time. This Memorial Cardinal Mini-Wreath is a sweet reminder of those we have lost and keeps them near to us in the holiday season.
As a mini-wreath, I have used this one on my hutch in the dining room. This is a simple, endearing gift to give someone who is grieving a loss during the holiday season.
- White Loop Yarn (1 skein)
- Foam wreath form (I used a 9 inch wreath form)
- Metal cardinal ornament (I found this one at Hobby Lobby in their Christmas clearance)
- Start wrapping the loop yarn around the wreath form. Tighten the yarn around the beginning piece of yarn and then start wrapping. There is no need for glue or pins.
- When the wreath form is wrapped, cut off the excess yarn and tie the end into the project to hide the end piece
- Tie the metal cardinal ornament to the wreath form using twine and hang it down into the bottom of the wreath form. This gives the appearance that the bird is sitting on the wreath.
If you like this wreath, please visit my site for other loop yarn wreaths. My “JOY” loop yarn wreath is one of my favorites.
As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission for any purchases, at no additional cost to you.