This is a sweet Christmas sign that I created for our decor this year. I found the adorable white metal sign at Hobby Lobby in their Christmas sale items. When I found it, I had no idea what I would do with it. However, since it had verses from Luke on it, recounting part of the Christmas story, I just knew I needed to display it. Displaying it on its own seemed a bit boring and understated. So, I went on a hunt to see what I had to pair it with.
Earlier this year, I had painted this canvas red. It’s a rough paint job and just one coat. It sat in my craft room unused until the perfect sized sign was found and it now looks great on my living room wall.
- Canvas 12×24 inches
- Red acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Sign-I found this at Hobby Lobby. You can use any sign you find appropriate.
- Green stems
- Ribbon-I used flannel ribbon in plaid
- Hot glue gun with hot glue sticks
- Paint your canvas with red paint. Don’t worry about streaking or imperfections. Let the paint dry before doing the next step.
- Hot glue the metal sign to your canvas.
- Arrange and glue green stems to the top of the canvas. You may need to cut off excess stems from the greens.
- Make a bow and hot glue it on top of the green stems.
- Hang and enjoy!
If you like this canvas decor, please check out my Christmas “JOY” canvas here.
Merry Christmas and God Bless You!
As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a small commission on any purchase made, at no additional cost to you.