In the past year, I have been trying to lower the carb intake of my family in small ways. As most families, we are busy with school activities and sports on weekday evenings. In order to put a healthy meal on the table, it has to be quick and easy. This easy, weeknight chicken fried cauliflower rice dish was a great inclusion to our weekly rotation for those later evenings. And the kids do not even notice that it is not real rice! It pulls together rather quickly and is a huge hit in our house.
- Chicken tenderloins or thighs (deboned) cut in small chunks (1.5 lbs approximately)
- Bag of frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas and green beans) or your choice of veggies
- 2 bags of frozen cauliflower rice. We prefer the ones with garlic seasoning.
- Soy Sauce (4 Tbsp or to taste)
- 2 eggs
- Cook chicken chunks in a skillet at medium-high heat until no pink is showing in the middle (approximately 165 degrees in the center). Add salt and pepper to taste while it is cooking. Keep in mind that soy sauce packs a salty punch.
- Cook frozen vegetables and cauliflower rice in the microwave or on the stove top until warm throughout.
- Combine the chicken, vegetables and cauliflower rice in one skillet and add soy sauce.
- Move components to one side of the skillet and break in 2 eggs in the empty side. You can scramble these before putting them in the skillet or just use your spatula to mix them up in the skillet.
- Once the eggs have completed cooking, mix them in with the rest of the ingredients in the skillet.