I love aspects of all styles of home decor. However, the Farmhouse decor style says home to me. This Farmhouse Wall Decor piece is a great way to incorporate greens into a room. Actually, for Christmas, I added evergreen branches and pinecones. For Easter, I added Easter eggs on sticks into the greens pictured. I cannot wait to add mini-pumpkins to this for Fall.
Two of these wall decor pieces on either side of our TV in our living room brought a much needed bunch of greens to the room. While I love plants, they do not love me typically. Seriously, I killed aloe. So, plastic plants are the ones I gravitate to more often than not. These are the perfect green additions to my home. I hope you enjoy them, too.
- 12×16 wood canvas panel (I purchased this one online at Hobby Lobby) Be sure to choose a panel that is slightly larger or the same length as your floral holder.
- Minwax wood finish (I used English Chestnut)
- Foam paint brush
- Greens of choice (I found these at Hobby Lobby-be sure to pick hanging greens for the sides and front, as well as taller, spreading greens)
- Brass plated decorative tacks
- Tin floral holder for walls
- Use the foam paint brush to brush stain on to the wood canvas panel and let it dry completely
- Attach the tin floral holder to the dry wood panel with the decorative tacks (there is a hole at the top of the floral holder)
- Arrange greens inside the floral holder
This is such a simple project which lends a big bang for your buck. If you like this project, please check out another wall decor project here and more seasonal creations at www.craftsdecorandfamily.com.
As an Amazon affiliate, I receive a commission on any purchases from the links in this post, at no cost to you.