JOY Christmas Hoop Wreath
Joy on a child’s face on Christmas morning. Joy in snuggling on the sofa with someone you love. Joy in sipping a cup of hot cocoa and watching snow fall outside. There is so much simple joy to be found during Christmas. This Joy Christmas Hoop Wreath is the perfect little reminder of the simple joys of Christmas.
I LOVE hoop wreaths. Have I said that before? Yep, I’m sure I’ve said it every time I make one. They are so simple and elegant. A wreath does not have to be stuffed with tulle and flowers to be adorable. Check out other hoop wreaths I’ve done recently here and here.
This wreath is a simple little work of art. I took apart an evergreen stem, added pine cones, berries and a Christmas ornament from Hobby Lobby.
- Hoop wreath form
- Evergreen stem
- Pine cones
- Berry stems
- Burlap ribbon or other ribbon of choice
- Wooden JOY Christmas ornament
- White paint
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Paint hoop wreath form white and let dry.
- Take branches off of evergreen stem (with wire cutters or break off by bending it back and forth until the wire weakens and breaks).
- Cut excess wire from berry stems.
- Glue evergreen branches onto the painted wreath.
- Berry stems can be glued on top of the evergreen branches.
- Secure pine cones with hot glue on the evergreen stems.
- Create bow with burlap ribbon. (Since my burlap ribbon was wide, I cut strips and cut them in half lengthwise. I stacked them on top of one another and added a smaller strip to bind them together around the middle.)
- Tie Christmas ornament to the top of the hoop.
- Add twine to the top to use as a hanger for the wreath.
If you would like more decor to share the Joy of Christmas, please check out my Joy Christmas Canvas here.
This post contains affiliate links.