This simple christian Easter wood sign is easy and fun to create. I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination. However, I love to paint, as imperfect as it may be. If I can do this, you can too.
What you need:
- White acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Pencil (optional)
- Paintbrushes (small tip and large)
- Wood canvas (I bought mine at Walmart for less than $5. You can get a package of them on Amazon here)
Directions for Easter wood sign:
- Paint sides of wood with black paint
- Lightly brush top of wood with black paint in various places, mostly on the edges
- When the black paint is dry, paint over the whole canvas with white paint
- Black paint should show through the white. If not, take a dry brush and brush over the while paint to expose some of the black underneath to achieve a worn look.
- If you choose, you can write the letters on the wood as you would like them to appear.
- Paint the letters and cross on the wood. (I personally free-handed this on because I like the rustic/homemade look) You can use stencils or vinyl stickers if you prefer.