Winter Loop Yarn Wreath
This winter loop yarn wreath is such a warm addition to your door. It is darling with it’s rustic cardinal ornament and snuggly loop yarn.
Loop yarn is perfect for wreaths. The texture of the wreath reminds me of the cuddle weather of winter and makes me want to grab some hot tea, a blanket and snuggle up on the sofa.
This is such an easy wreath to make. It takes about 15 minutes and only because it takes a little time to wrap the yard around the wreath form. So, cue up a Christmas movie and grab a spot on the sofa. Once you have wrapped the wreath, you have little left to do before you can admire your creation.
- Black loop yarn-1 skein
- Wire wreath form (This one was purchased at Dollar Tree)
- Red bird ornament (I purchased this one at Hobby Lobby)
This wreath has special meaning for me and my family. My grandmother, for as long as I can remember, loved cardinals. Everyone gave her cardinal knickknacks, sweaters, magnets and anything else you can imagine. When she passed away, I started noticing cardinals everywhere. I bought a small cardinal to go in a planter as a reminder of that special lady. When I saw this little galvanized metal ornament, I immediately wanted to make it in a wreath for winter. I hope you enjoy making it as much as I did.
- Tie one end of yarn to wreath form
- Wrap yarn around wreath form until it is fully covered
- Tie bird ornament to the wreath form using twine-hide twine in the loop yarn between two loops
- Optional (Tie a piece of twine to the wreath form as a hanger for the wreath)
If you like this wreath, please check out my Simple White Winter Wreath here.